Caldwell University maintains affiliation agreements with several different health profession programs. In many of these agreements, students who meet a professional school’s requirements can enter the school after completing just three years at Caldwell University. For additional information, contact the Premedical Advisor, Dr. William Velhagen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students interested in an affiliation program must select an undergraduate major (usually biology, chemistry, or health sciences) and discuss their course choices with the Premedical Advisor. Students typically apply for admission to the professional school during their third year at Caldwell University. Admission requirements may include a certain GPA and score on a standardized test (such as the MCAT, DAT, or GRE). Admission to Caldwell University does not guarantee admission to the professional school.
Only the two accelerated 7-year (3+4) BA/MD programs and BA/DVM program provisionally accept students when they enter Caldwell University. For Rutgers University New Jersey Medical School, applicants must have at least a 3.5 GPA and be in the top 10% of their high school class. Their M/CR SAT scores must be at least 1400 (if taken before March 2016, at least 1450 if taken after). For St. George’s University, applicants must have at least a 3.5 GPA and their M/CR SAT scores must be at least 1200 (if taken before March 2016, at least 1270 if taken after). For both programs, students must indicate their interest when they apply to Caldwell University. We will forward qualified applications to the medical schools, which decide whom to conditionally admit. To continue to the medical school, admitted students need to maintain a specific GPA (>3.5 for Rutgers, >3.4 for St. George’s) and receive a competitive score (as determined by the medical school) on the MCAT. The application and supporting documents must be submitted by December 1st. For inquiries about these accelerated programs, please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
Allopathic Medicine (MD)
- 3+4 program with Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School (Rutgers-NJMS)*
- 3+4 program with St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada*
- 4+4 program with American University of Antigua College of Medicine (AUA)
Athletic Training: (MSAT)
- 3+2 program with Seton Hall University.
Chiropractic Medicine (DC)
- 3+4 and 4+4 programs with New York Chiropractic College.
- 3+4 program with Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (Rutgers-SDM)
- 4+4 program with LECOM School of Dental Medicine**
Occupational Therapy (MS)
- 3+2 Program with Columbia University’s College of Physicians & Surgeons
- 3+4 program with the Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Salus University
Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- 3+4 and 4+4 programs with Lake Eerie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)**
- 3+4 program with Touro College of Pharmacy
Physician Assistant (MS)
- 4+2 program with Salus University
Physical Therapy (DPT)
- 3+4 program with New York Medical College
- 3+4 program with the New York College of Podiatric Medicine
Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- 3+4 program with St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine, Grenada*
Medical Technology (BS; requires one year of hospital practicum)
- 3+1 program with Meridian Health System, Jersey Shore Medical Center
- 3+1 program with Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ
- 3+1 program with New York Methodist Hospital
Clinical Laboratory Science (BS, requires 15 months of hospital practicum)
- 3+1 program with Rutgers University
* May be selected only when applying to Caldwell University, not after acceptance into Caldwell.
** May be selected both when applying to Caldwell University or after acceptance into Caldwell.