Caldwell University maintains affiliation agreements with several different health profession programs. In many of these agreements, students who meet a professional school’s requirements can enter the school after completing just three years at Caldwell University. For additional information, contact the Premedical Advisor, Dr. William Velhagen (email@example.com).
Students interested in an affiliation program must select an undergraduate major (usually biology, chemistry, or health sciences) and discuss their course choices with the Premedical Advisor. Students typically apply for admission to the professional school during their third year at Caldwell University. Admission requirements may include a certain GPA and score on a standardized test (such as the MCAT, DAT, or GRE). Admission to Caldwell University does not guarantee admission to the professional school.
Only the two accelerated 7-year (3+4) BA/MD programs and BA/DVM program provisionally accept students when they enter Caldwell University. For Rutgers University New Jersey Medical School, applicants must have at least a 3.5 GPA and be in the top 10% of their high school class. Their M/CR SAT scores must be at least 1400 (if taken before March 2016, at least 1450 if taken after). For St. George’s University, applicants must have at least a 3.5 GPA and their M/CR SAT scores must be at least 1200 (if taken before March 2016, at least 1270 if taken after). For both programs, students must indicate their interest when they apply to Caldwell University. We will forward qualified applications to the medical schools, which decide whom to conditionally admit. To continue to the medical school, admitted students need to maintain a specific GPA (>3.5 for Rutgers, >3.4 for St. George’s) and receive a competitive score (as determined by the medical school) on the MCAT. The application and supporting documents must be submitted by December 1st. For inquiries about these accelerated programs, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medicine – [3+4] and [4+4] Programs
- 7-yr BA/MD with Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School (Rutgers-NJMS)*
- 7-yr BA/MD with St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada*
- 8-yr BA/MD with American University of Antigua College of Medicine (AUA)
Veterinary Medicine – [3+4] Program
- 7-yr BA/DVM with St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine, Grenada*
Dentistry – [3+4] Program
- 7-yr BA/DMD with Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (Rutgers-SDM)
Occupational Therapy – [3+2] Program
- 5-yr BA/MS OT with Columbia University’s College of Physicians & Surgeons
Optometry – [3+4] Programs
- 7-Yr BA/OD with Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Salus University
Podiatry – [3+4] Programs
- 7-Yr BA/DPM with New York College of Podiatric Medicine
Chiropractic Medicine – [3+4] Programs
- 7-Yr BA/DC with New York Chiropractic School.
Pharmacy – [3+4] Program
- 7-Yr BA/DPharm with Touro College of Pharmacy
Physical Therapy – [4+3] Program
- 7-Yr BA/DPT with New York Medical College
Physician Assistant – [4+2] Program
- 6-Yr BA/MS Physician Assistant with Salus University
Athletic Training – [3+2] Program
- 5-Yr BA/MSAT with Seton Hall University.
Medical Technology – [3+1] Program (requires one year of hospital practicum)
- 4-Yr BS Medical Technology with Meridian Health System, Jersey Shore Medical Center
- 4-Yr BS Medical Technology with Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ
- 4-Yr BS Medical Technology with New York Methodist Hospital
Clinical Laboratory Science – [3+1] Program (requires 15 months of hospital practicum)
- 4-Yr BS Clinical Laboratory Science with Rutgers University
* May be selected only when applying to Caldwell University, not after acceptance into Caldwell.