Degree Completion for Adult Undergraduates

Caldwell University an adult undergraduate student smiling.
An adult undergraduate student using her laptop

Caldwell University Offers Flexible Programs for Working Adults

Caldwell University offers you the opportunity to complete your degree in a way that allows you to balance everything your busy life brings. With day, night, and Saturday on-campus courses combined with online courses that can be 7 or 14-weeks in length,  you can take classes that meet your busy schedule and allow you to graduate in a timely fashion.

Visit our Adult Admissions page for requirements, how to apply, tuition and fees, and more.

Who is an adult student at Caldwell University?

Typically adult students are 22 or older, and because of  work or family responsibilities, need the flexibility that night, weekend, and online courses provided. Adult students can take courses full or part-time and mix their course formats between classroom or online depending on your need.

Course Types Academic Programs for Adult Students Certificate Programs
  • Day Courses – Can meet multiple times during the week during the morning and afternoon hours
  • Night Courses – Typically Meet once a week from 7pm-9:30pm
  • Saturday Courses – Accelerated Courses that will meet for seven weeks from 8:00am-12:30pm
  • Online Courses – Can be offered in accelerated seven week or courses or traditional 14 week courses

The following academic programs are offered in adult friendly formats:

Fully Online:

Combination of Evening/Online Courses:

  • Business
  • Psychology

Combination of Day/Evening and Online courses:

Certificate Programs are valuable options for students who want a competitive edge in their careers. Certificate Programs may be taken by both matriculating and non-matriculating (non-degree) students. At least one-half of the credits for a certificate must be taken at Caldwell University.

We also offer a flexible transfer credit policy and assessment of prior learning:

Caldwell University accepts up to 90 credits towards your degree (most degrees are 120 credits). We will accept credit from a variety of sources, including community colleges, proprietary schools, and four year colleges and universities. We also offer credit by examination like the CLEP exam and credit for what you already know through our Prior Learning Assessment Program.

  • Regionally accredited proprietary schools, colleges and universities you’ve previously attended, regardless of how long ago they were earned,
  • Military training by ACE (American Council on Education) evaluated transcript available through the military,
  • Documentation of courses completed through your employer or professional,
  • Organizations that have been recommended for academic credit by ACE (American Council on Education).

Making Your Education Affordable

Caldwell University offers one the lowest tuition’s of all private non-profit colleges and universities in New Jersey at $700 per credit. We also offer several discounts and need-based financial aid for adult students which when combined, may cover the full cost of tuition for some students.

Some of our discounts include:

  • 10% for Residents of Essex County
  • 20% for students transferring in with a previous GPA of 2.75
  • 25% for Members of Phi Theta Kappa
  • 25% for Police, Firefighters, and EMT’s
  • need-based grants
  • academic scholarships

You should also file the FAFSA at to check your eligibility for need based financial aid like federal, state and Caldwell grants (Grants are free money towards your education) as well as work-study and loan eligibility.

Get a full list of scholarships and discounts.

Academic Advisement

One of the hallmarks of being an adult student is having a dedicated professional advisor helping you each step of the way on your educational journey. You will meet prior to each registration period to discuss your goals and set a plan to take the steps needed to complete your degree.

Application Process

  • Submit your application online
  • Send your transcripts from any previous institutions attended. If you have completed less than 30 credits we will also need HS Transcripts.
  • From there we will complete a transfer credit evaluation will would be sent with your letter of acceptance. We will then set up a registration appointment for you with your personal academic advisor.

Get more information