Mission, Purposes & Student Learning Outcomes
The nursing program is committed to educate a diverse student population to become professional nurses and to meet the needs of society through health promotion and illness prevention. At the completion of the program, eligible candidates may take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
The purposes of the Caldwell University Nursing Program are:
- To provide graduates the essential body of scientific knowledge, clinical competencies and the qualities of professional preparation and integrity to begin the practice of nursing at the generalist level, and
- To provide a curriculum inclusive of liberal arts, science, and nursing education courses which will provide a foundation for evidenced-based practice, continuing education and graduate education in nursing.
Student Learning Outcomes
The Caldwell University of Nursing Program will prepare students to:
- Integrate knowledge from liberal arts and nursing science to provide nursing care.
- Provide evidence-based nursing care to diverse clients across the lifespan.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing care using the nursing process.
- Collaborate with clients and other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care.
- Use information and technological resources to optimize client outcomes.
- Demonstrate accountability to the profession, self, clients and the interdisciplinary team.
- Apply legal, ethical, and moral principles to professional nursing practice.
- Function as an advocate for clients in various settings.
- Explore the impact of social and healthcare policy and economic and political factors which influence healthcare delivery and practice.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Caldwell University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791 and accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing. Students and applicants for admission may send complaints regarding the program to the New Jersey Board of Nursing at http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/nursing/.