Faculty can play a crucial role in helping students incorporate study abroad into their academic plans.
Recommend study abroad programs where other advisees have formerly studied
- Connect them with former advisees who have studied abroad
- Introduce them to colleagues who are from or have been to the visiting country
- Write their recommendation for their application. For students applying for a Short-Term Study Abroad Program, include any helpful information for the Faculty Coordinators to be aware of
- Assist in choosing courses that will transfer towards their major, core, or electives
- Help identify their remaining degree requirements