Caldwell, N.J. – July 18, 2013 – Caldwell College has been highly ranked among the New Jersey colleges providing the best return on investment. Graduates from the top 24 New Jersey schools listed by AffordableCollegesOnline.org enjoy the largest earnings gap between nondegree holders over a 30-year span.
“We were very pleased to learn of this honor,” said Joseph Posillico, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Communications. “It is a testament to the education students receive at Caldwell and the strength of the liberal arts foundation we provide all students.”
The organization analyzed 162 colleges in New Jersey and ranked the 24 that provide students the biggest return on investment. “These are important lists for prospective students to consider,” says ACO founder Dan Schuessler. “We’ve sifted through comprehensive data sources to find colleges and universities in New Jersey that offer a high-quality education with consistent, long-term payoffs in the workplace.”
ACO developed the following criteria for consideration as a “High ROI College”:
- Fully accredited institution
- Either public or private
- Four-year, degree-granting institution
- Return on investment according to PayScale’s 2013 College Value Report
ACO compiled a list of schools meeting these criteria by using these authoritative data sets:
- NCES, the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education. It provides consistent, reliable, complete and accurate indicators of education status and trends.
- IPEDS, the primary federal source for data on colleges, universities and technical and vocational postsecondary schools in the U.S.
- Carnegie Classification, a framework widely used in the study of higher education, both as a way to represent and control for institutional differences and also in the design of research studies to ensure adequate representation of sampled institutions, students or faculty.
- Payscale.com, the premier salary data collection organization.
AffordableCollegesOnline.org provides prospective college students and their parents with information and resources to help them manage the cost of obtaining an education. It’s the first website to offer comprehensive lists of “Most Affordable Colleges” in different categories. In addition to lists of affordable colleges, ACO provides information related to financial aid and other college resources.
To find out more, go to http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/online-colleges/new-jersey.
Caldwell College has also recently been ranked and listed on a number of other prestigious lists including Best Career Services by Bestcolleges.com, Catholic Colleges with High Starting Salaries for Graduates by Affordablecollegesonline.org, Colleges of Distinction by CollegesofDistinction.com. and a Great College for the Liberal Arts in “The College Finder” published by Wintergreen Orchard House.