- The Jennings Library Welcomes a New Staff Member 09/03/2014 Siobhan McCarthy, MLIS, has joined the Jennings Library as the new E-Resources and Serials Management Librarian. She is the liaison for Mathematics, Modern Languages, Science, and Sociology & Criminal Justice. She has a degree in Evolutionary Anthropology from Rutgers University, and received her Masters in Library & Information Science (MLIS) from Rutgers University. Stop in and say hello!
- CALCAT - Search the Library’s online catalog for books, e-books, music, videos and more.
- WorldCat – Can’t find what you need in CALCAT? Search the collections of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide, then submit an interlibrary loan request.
- ebrary Academic Complete is the most comprehensive collection of e-books, providing access to more than 100,000 e-books from more than 500 of the most trusted publishers including Ashgate Publishing Group, Brill Academic Publishers, Harvard University Press, Johns Hopkins University Press, Oxford University Press, University of Chicago Press, and University of Michigan Press. Covers broad subject areas including business and economics, computing, education, engineering, history, political science, humanities, area studies, literature, linguistics, law, life sciences, psychology, social work, sociology, religion, classics, and philosophy.
- Ebook collections - Our e-book collections include individual titles (APA Handbook of Behavior Analysis and the DSM), large collections covering many disciplines (Gale Virtual Reference Library and E-books from EBSCOHost) and subject specific collections (Psychiatry Online, the Salem Health, History, and Literature Collection, and the Science Direct E-book Collection).
Streaming Video and Music
- Films on Demand is a Web-based digital video delivery service that allows you to view streaming videos from Films Media Group anytime, anywhere, 24/7! Choose from thousands of high-quality educational titles in dozens of subject areas, from the Master Academic Collection and FMG Archival Films & Newsreels Collection. Special features allow users the ability to organize and bookmark clips, create and share playlists, personalize folders, and manage their entire collection through a robust administrative reporting system.
- VAST includes thousands of award-winning films, including Academy® and Emmy® winners, the most frequently used films for classroom instruction, newly-released films, and archival material previously unavailable. Faculty and students will find content in VAST to meet their learning, teaching, and research interest in the following areas and more: art, architecture, business, counseling and therapy, dance, economics, education, ethnic studies, ethnography, gay and lesbian studies, health, history, humanities, law and public safety, literature, opera, philosophy, political science, psychology, religion, science, theatre, and women’s studies.
- Counseling and Therapy in Video provides a rich online collection of video for the study of social work, psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatric counseling. Videos are presented from multiple perspectives and include counseling sessions, consultations, interviews, demonstrations, lectures, and synchronized, searchable transcripts. Users can browse by subject, therapist, therapy type, theme and video type.
- Nursing Education in Video gives faculty and students anywhere-anytime access to Medcom’s highly regarded library of full-length training programs—online in streaming video—with all of the search power and advanced functionality that Alexander Street’s video collections deliver.
- Naxos Music Library (NML) -The world´s largest online classical music library, offering streaming access to more than 86,020 CDs with more than 1,249,300 tracks, standard and rare repertoire. Over 800 new CDs are added to the library every month. The contents can be searched by composer, work, genre and label; by keyword search and by a sophisticated advanced search engine with up to 11 combined search criteria. NML provides liner notes for most recordings and listeners can create personalized playlists or use predefined Naxos Music Library playlists. NML can be accessed from any computer, anywhere, anytime. With the new iPhone / iPod Touch App / Android App subscribers can also access the service on the go.
Databases by Subject
Research Guides (LibGuides) and Tutorials
- Research Guides (Libguides) - Find helpful guides to help you get started on your research.
- Get an Answer - Ask us a question, we’ll give you an answer.
- Online Tutorials - A collection of online tutorials on how to search and use the features in the library’s databases.
- Easy Bib - Use Easy Bib to keep track of your sources and properly cite them in a variety of formats. Sign up for a free account for added features!
- Citation Guide - Check out this guide for information on citing in various formats including APA and MLA. It includes properly formatted sample papers.
Ask Us for Help
- Chat- Click on the red “Ask Us” button on the side of the page and type in a question.
- Text us - 973- 947-6902
- Come in - Come to the library and speak to a friendly librarian.
- Call us - 973-618-3497
- Request a 1 on 1 Consultation with a Librarian
- Group Study Rooms
- Faculty Services
- Interlibrary Loan: request materials from other libraries
- Information Literacy Instruction Form
- Reserve Request Form
- Book Discussion Group
- REBL Reciprocal Borrowing and Lending Program
- VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Program for Faculty, Staff , Graduate and Undergraduate Students
Heather Cook, MLIS
Liaison for Business, Communication Arts, English, Music
Rebecca Driscoll, MLIS
Liaison for Art, Education, History and Political Science, Theology and Philosophy
Ellen Johnston, MLS
Liaison for ABA, Art Therapy, Nursing, Psychology and Counseling
Siobhan McCarthy, MLIS
Liaison for Math, Modern Languages, Science, Sociology and Criminal Justice