Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an EOE.
Title: Administrative Assistant (part-time, temporary, grant funded)
Caldwell University invites applications for a part-time, temporary Administrative Assistant. This grant funded position is available immediately through the next four years to support the Spirituality and Leadership Institute. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
• Providing administrative support to the Institute Director. Providing front desk reception to include greeting visitors, answering phones, and following up on all inquiries, and prioritizing customer issues.
• Performing general office duties to include preparing correspondence, faxing, and filing, photocopying, establishing and maintaining files, mailings, processing incoming and outgoing mail, scheduling and canceling appointments. Assisting with social media content as instructed.
• Coordinating and managing logistics of two weekend off-campus retreats and a one-week residential “Faith and Life” summer program on campus.
• Assisting with assessment and research administration and data integration, new grant solicitation and sharing outcomes externally.
• Maintaining appropriate records and confidentiality including personal data and financial credit card/bank data and staff evaluation forms and program budgets.
• Assisting with the creation of publicity appealing to the target audience of high school juniors utilizing all aspects of social media as well as written letters of outreach. Creating, maintaining and updating data for adult “influencers” including parish youth ministers, school principals, high school parishes, etc,, and preparing mail merge mailings and emails.
• Monitoring and overseeing supplies necessary for the functioning of the institute within the allotted budget and assets.
Knowledge equivalent to an associate’s degree plus one to three years of relevant experience is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Proficiency in MS Office, Google applications, and a variety of social media platforms is also required. Work schedule will vary daily during the months of May, June, and late September/early October with multiple evenings and weekends required during those periods. Must be able to travel to offsite locations as needed. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for the program mission and be comfortable working with high school youth and their parents/guardians, youth ministers and teachers. This person will also demonstrate computer competency including the use of social media platforms. The successful candidate will also be a team player with excellent organizational and communication skills, customer focus, and one who anticipates needs. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.