Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Submit letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
The Office of Human Resources-IPP
120 Bloomfield Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006
Fax: (973) 618-3358
Caldwell University is an EOE.
Title: Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach (Part-time)
Department : Athletics
Date Posted: 06/30/2014
Caldwell University invites applications for a part time Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach beginning Fall 2014. Reporting to the Head Coach, the Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting with team coaching duties and student athlete management. The Assistant Coach is also responsible for directing and overseeing all activities the team participates in, while communicating and integrating the mission of the College and the philosophy of the Athletic Department within the program. Job Duties include but are not limited to, assisting with student athlete recruitment, ensuring proper maintenance of records, supporting the head coach in the coaching and managing the total intercollegiate program , scouting opponents when applicable, assisting in the coaching and supervising of all games, scrimmages, and practices, making travel arrangements, and driving vehicles if necessary.
Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or a related field, plus one to two years of effective experience required. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican, liberal arts mission of the College.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Title: Assistant Director of Athletic Operations
Department : Athletics
Date Posted: 06/24/2014
Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Assistant Director, Athletic Operations. Reporting to the Executive Director, Athletics, the Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing internal operations including, but not limited to; organizing and supervising home athletic events, managing equipment, overseeing student workers, and coordinating facilities for on and off campus events. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to;
- Assisting the Executive Director with the administration of daily department operations.
- Developing a schedule for athletic and recreational facilities. Scheduling contests for athletic program as directed.
- Working with outside contractors to maintain athletic facilities.
- Managing athletic equipment to include; inventory, laundering services, distribution, condition quality, supply levels, and scheduling team pick-up and drop-off of uniforms. Working with outside vendors for equipment repair and re-conditioning. Monitoring equipment budget and communicating with Executive Director regarding needs and projections.
- Coordinating and supervising home athletic events and contests. Ensure staffing, facilities preparation, and communication with officials and other event personnel.
- Supervising and scheduling student employees covering the fitness center, equipment room, recreational sports, and home athletic contests.
- Developing training schedule and work calendars for athletic staff and managing the training budget. Managing athletic trainer work assignments.
- Working with outside organizations to secure facilities for athletic purposes when needed.
- Assisting the Director, Athletic Media Relations with special projects and programs.
- Attending various athletic conference meetings and conventions, serving on committees as needed.
Bachelor’s degree plus one to years of effective experience working in the athletic field is required. Master’s degree is preferred. Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel). The successful candidate will be a team player, with excellent communication skills, who is able to prioritize and organize while providing excellent service and building and maintaining effective relationships across all levels of the institution. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the college.