Caldwell College is a 4-year Catholic liberal arts college located in a suburban setting about twenty miles west of New York City. Founded in 1939 by the Sisters of St. Dominic, Caldwell College enrolls approximately 2,300 full time and part time students. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Submit letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
The Office of Human Resources-IPP
120 Bloomfield Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006
Fax: (973) 618-3358
Caldwell College is an EOE.
Title: Associate Director/Head Coach, Women’s Basketball
Salary Band: 7
Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Associate Director, Athletics/Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Reporting to the Executive Director, Athletics, the Associate Director is responsible for supporting the department’s commitment to the development of the total student-athlete through a balance of excellence in both academics and athletics. The Associate Director will also assume the NCAA title of Senior Women’s Administrator (SWA). The Head Coach is responsible for directing a tier one sports program, supervising and overseeing all activities of the coaching staff and team while communicating and integrating the mission of the College and the philosophy of the Athletics Department into the program. Specific job duties of the Associate Director include, but are not limited to;
- Serving as a role model for student athletes and educating them on issues affecting intercollegiate athletics.
- Assisting the Executive Director in executing the daily operations and administration of the department.
- Collaborate with the Development and Alumni Affairs Office on fundraising opportunities and events administered by Cougar Pride Athletic Organization.
- Chairing and overseeing the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Assisting with the administration of the department’s gender-equity action plan.
- Attending various athletic conferences and representing institution on NCAA committees
- Assuming other administrative responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director.
Bachelor’s degree plus effective experience within athletics and coaching is required. Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license. Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Gmail and Google Drives is also required. Master’s degree is preferred. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent communication skills, be attentive to details, able to prioritize, and build effective relationships across all levels of institution.
Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the college.
Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Counselor, Admissions. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Admissions the Counselor will be responsible for meeting the enrollment goals at Caldwell College, specifically for adult, online, transfer and nursing student populations. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
- Planning and attending on and off campus recruitment events, meetings, and open houses.
- Conducting preliminary interviews with prospective students.
- Following up with prospective students for enrollment purposes.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of college academic programs, support services, financial aid and billing procedures.
- Reviewing applications and transcripts in order to make recommendations for admission.
- Managing a database of prospective students.
Bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of effective experience is required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license and be available to travel during peak recruiting times. The successful candidate will be customer focused, have excellent communication skills, be a team player, and have great attention to detail. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Title: Coordinator, Field Based Education
Date Posted : 3/28/2014
Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time, Coordinator, Field Based Education. Reporting to the Director, Field Based Education the Coordinator is responsible for assisting with placements and certifications of students. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Providing data to the Director, Field Based Education and Associate Dean for Title II, IPRC/Title II, PEDS federal reports and Annual NJ School Report Card.
- Understanding college curriculum to determine eligibility of student for placement. Reviewing field placement forms and coordinating with school districts and students for class requirements and placements. Communicating options to students for placement.
- Building relationships with districts to procure field placements. Making recommendations to field directors on how to successfully compete with other colleges in relation to field placements.
- Collaborating with Registrar on student data for certification, verifying all requirements were met for NJ Department of Education certification with Program Coordinators, sending all documentation to NJ Department of Education, reviewing NJ Department of Education for updates or changes for state certification, and sending all certification results to Registrar.
- Communicating with all supervisors, preparing invoices and payment for supervisors and cooperating teachers for student teachers and completing all 1099 forms.
- Supervising orientation for cooperating teachers, supervisors and student teachers.
Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-2 years of effective experience. Candidates need to demonstrate proficiency with MS Office, Gmail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with instructional technology that includes Jenzabar, SPSS and Live Text strongly preferred. The successful candidate will be organized, have excellent communication skills, be technically savvy and able to prioritize. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the college.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.