Caldwell College is a 4-year Catholic liberal arts college located in a suburban setting about twenty miles west of New York City. Founded in 1939 by the Sisters of St. Dominic, Caldwell College enrolls approximately 2,300 full time and part time students. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Submit letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
The Office of Human Resources-IPP
120 Bloomfield Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006
Fax: (973) 618-3358
Caldwell College is an EOE.
Department: Educational Opportunity Fund Program
Date Posted: 05/17/2013
Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Counselor, Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) program. Reporting to the Director, EOF, the Counselor is responsible for providing counseling services to students, supporting operations of the EOF program and for serving as a liaison to the state EOF Office. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
- Counseling students regarding their academic, career and financial matters. Monitoring student efforts toward improving academic performance including; attending tutoring sessions and program activities and monitoring class attendance and academic performance. Communicating with instructors as necessary.
- Collaborating with EOF staff and other departments to develop and offer programs and activities for students.
- Monitoring students on academic probation through weekly counseling and study sessions.
- Maintaining contact with the EOF State Office to obtain and exchange information for completing academic and financial reports. Coordinating with EOF Office Assistant to certify the student rosters for EOF Program financial grants. Providing statistical and narrative information for compiling various State and College assessment reports.
- Organizing and facilitating meetings, programming, and activities to provide growth in the area of academic, personal, professional, and social student development.
- Assisting in writing students’ contracts and letters as needed.
- Collaborating with the EOF Director to plan the Summer Program. Facilitate motivational programs and other events during the Summer Program.
Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Counseling or a related field, excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) plus one to two years of effective experience required. Must be available some evenings and weekends. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills who can effectively work with all areas across the institution. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the college.
Admissions Travel Recruiter (2 Temporary Positions)
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Caldwell College seeks a temporary Admissions Travel Recruiter to represent the College at various recruitment events. Reporting to the Executive Director, Admissions, responsibilities include, but are not limited to attending College Fairs and on-campus events, building and maintaining relationships with prospective students and their parents, networking with high school guidance counselors and maintaining information in the recruitment database.
Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree plus one to three years effective experience required. Valid driver’s license required. Must be available evenings and some weekends and be willing to travel. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Assistance Vice President for Academic Affairs
Department: Academic Affairs
Date Posted: 5/9/13
Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs the Assistant Vice President will provide support in directing and leading academic programs, services, policies, procedures, and personnel. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to;
- Providing guidance and support to the faculty of Caldwell College.
- Working in concert with the Vice President for Academic Affairs to cultivate a comprehensive array of high quality instructional programs and services.
- Developing, monitoring, and updating policies, procedures, and practices.
- Supervising the area of academic assessment.
- Representing Academic Affairs on numerous committees and chairing committee meetings in the absence of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Overseeing distance learning and external partnerships.
- Assisting in the developing the budget for Academic Affairs.
- Supervising the program review process.
- Working with faculty and staff on institutional planning and effectiveness.
- Assisting with departmental accreditation activities.
- Assisting with the recruiting, hiring, retaining, and evaluating the performance of faculty and academic administrators.
- Assisting in maintaining and updating the college catalogs.
Candidates must have an earned doctorate in a discipline currently offered at Caldwell College or closely related to a discipline currently offered at Caldwell plus achieved the rank of associate professor or professor, an excellent record of teaching and scholarship in higher education, administrative expertise in planning, budgeting, mentoring, program and course scheduling and management, and program and curriculum development and assessment. Candidates must also have experience with accreditation and take an active role in fund-raising, developing interdisciplinary programs, and pursuing grant opportunities. Candidates must support the Catholic Dominican liberal arts mission of the College.
Department: Financial Aid
Date Posted: 03/21/13
Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Counselor, Financial Aid. Reporting to the Director, Financial Aid, the Counselor is responsible for packaging student awards, counseling students, parents or legal guardians and for creating a positive experience for internal and external customers in a way that upholds the mission and core values of the College. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Counseling students and parents regarding financial aid programs and sources of tuition financing.
- Packaging student financial aid awards.
- Presenting to students and families at various on and off-campus events.
- Coordinating Federal and State grant programs.
- Assisting Career Services and Human Recourses with the Federal Work-Study Program
- Performing federal student verification procedures in compliance with Title IV federal and state of New Jersey guidelines.
- Serving as the main certifying official for the Veterans certification process.
Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Access, and Outlook) plus 1-2 years of effective experience required. The successful candidate will be a detail oriented team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills who has the ability to breakdown and communicate complex concepts. This person must be able to handle confidential information and be deadline driven. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the college.
Date Posted 3/13/2013
Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Assistant Director position in the Department of Nursing. Reporting to the Director, the Assistant Director assists with providing the day to day management and academic and administrative leadership to achieve the mission and goals of the department and college.The department is seeking candidates with demonstrated leadership, teaching, scholarship, and service competencies. Additional desired competencies include experience with program development, distance education, and grant writing. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing of clinical sites, agreements, and requirements;
- Supervising of student advisement;
- Assisting with scheduling of courses and facilities;
- Providing leadership in program planning and development;
- Interpreting program data and assisting with the preparation of reports, grants and program materials;
- Monitoring outcomes, procedures, timelines and performance criteria related to academic programs and administration;
- Participating in budget development;
- Working collaboratively to achieve departmental and institutional initiatives and serve on committees;
- Meeting with students to discuss problems and assist in devising equitable responses and solutions.
Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program, New Jersey license, plus three to five years of faculty experience with a strong knowledge of undergraduate and graduate nursing curriculum is required. Doctorate in nursing, certification in nursing, and administrative experience is preferred. The successful candidate will have strong informational, technological, written and verbal communication, and organizational skills. The candidate must also have patience, be diligent and able to interact with all institutional stakeholders and desire to work in a collaborative environment. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the college.
Department: Information Technology
Date Posted: 01/31/2013
Responsibilities/Description: Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Network Assistant. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Network Assistant is responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting the network infrastructure and providing support to the College’s telephone system. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to;
- Configuring and installing equipment (firewalls, routers, switches).
- Maintaining the network infrastructure, installing new devices, and working on upcoming projects.
- Staging, configuring, implementing, and supporting voice telephony and VoIP installations as necessary.
- Developing and conducting proactive maintenance activities designed to ensure optimal performance of the network.
- Analyzing network security risks, defining and securing access.
- Maximizing network by monitoring performance and network stability, usage, network security and backup utilization.
- Providing support during major network outages/incidents and ensuring that all stakeholders are informed.
- Conducting requests for proposals, purchasing hardware and software supplies, negotiating with vendors.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the network are thoroughly documented, up-to-date and accessible to the department
- Supervising student technology assistants.
Education/Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or Engineering, industry recognized certifications, and a minimum of three years experience managing networks and systems administration is required. Work schedule includes four days from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm and a fifth day shift. The successful candidate will have knowledge and practical experience in internet security and risk management, prior technology VoIP implementation and support experience, proven VoIP/Voice network support experience with strong working knowledge of voice networking in customer deployments, PBX (PABX,VoIP, POTS, etc). Working knowledge of Avaya IP/Cisco IP or MITEL products, practical experience installing telecoms equipment and working with IP/Ethernet equipment and principles is strongly preferred. The successful candidate will also be a team player with excellent communication skills. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Department: Registrar/Institutional Research
Date Posted: 01/25/2013
Responsibilities/Description: Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Institutional Researcher. Reporting to the Registrar/Director, Institutional Research the Institutional Researcher is responsible for collecting, maintaining, and analyzing data, and preparing reports to support institutional initiatives and planning. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to;
- Completing federal, state, and higher education reports and surveys for the College in compliance with mandated deadlines.
- Assisting academic and administrative departments in conducting research and analysis, distributing timely reports, and updating the portal and website for reports/data.
- Supporting the College with data in relation to periodic Middle States self-study efforts and annual institutional profile updates.
- Assisting academic departments in addressing specialized accreditation requirements by providing data and assisting with data analysis and outcomes.
- Producing and publishing annual College Fact book and Fact Sheet.
Education/Requirements: Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Educational Research or a related field plus three to four years of effective experience in extracting, analyzing, and reporting data, proficient with Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on ACCESS and EXCEL is required. Prior experience with management information systems required. Experience in college and higher education institutional research preferred. Prior experience with research methodology and statistical software strongly preferred.
Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.