Note: All employee benefits are for full-time employees, unless otherwise noted. Standard benefits waiting period is the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Other benefits with a one-year waiting period are noted in their individual description. Medical and dental rates can be found on the attached appendix.
Employees are eligible for medical insurance through the Caldwell College group health plan, sponsored by Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield. The plan is a PPO plan and can be used nationally and in many foreign countries. Main highlights of the plan include:
- $20 office visit co-pay;
- 90% insurance coverage for in-network services with no annual deductible;
- 70% insurance coverage for out-of-network services with a $300 deductible per member;
- 80% insurance coverage for prescription drugs after a $75 per person annual pharmacy deductible (no mail-order deductible);
- $200 vision benefits every other year.
Employees are eligible for dental insurance through Delta Dental of New Jersey. Caldwell College offers two network options: Delta Premier and Delta Advantage. The Advantage program is a more cost-effective, smaller network of dentists than the Premier program. Main highlights of the plans include:
- 100% coverage for Preventive and Diagnostic care (no deductible);
- 80% coverage for Basic care;
- 50% coverage for crowns, prosthodontics, orthodontics, etc.;
- $50 individual/$150 family annual deductible;
- $1,500 annual individual maximum.
Caldwell College provides private short-term disability insurance for all employees through The Standard. Employees who are unable to work due to non-work related injury/illness and are absent from work for 8+ consecutive days are considered to be on short-term disability. The benefit has a 26-week maximum, which runs concurrently with FMLA leave.
Employees on short-term disability are eligible for full salary continuation for one month per each full year of service. After that, employees are reimbursed 66 2/3% of your average weekly wage subject to a maximum of $572/week.
LIFE INSURANCE/LONG-TERM DISABILITY
Employees receive, at no cost to them, an individual life insurance policy through The Standard Insurance, equivalent to one-times their annual salary to a maximum of $150,000.
After one year of service, basic long-term disability insurance is also provided to employees by the College through The Standard at no cost. Long-term disability is any case of disability that exceeds the 26 weeks of short-term disability. The LTD benefit pays employees 60% of their pre-disability earnings, to a maximum benefit of $5,000 per month. Additionally, if the employee participates in the matched pension program, the insurance company will continue to contribute the employee and employer contributions into the pension plan on their behalf.
Pension plans at Caldwell College are administered by TIAA/CREF. The college has two tax-sheltered 403(b) plans:
*Supplemental Retirement Annuity Plan – Employees may contribute to a retirement annuity without a corresponding match from Caldwell College.
*Defined Contribution Retirement Annuity Plan – After one year of service, employees who contribute a minimum of 5% of gross pay to their retirement annuity plan are eligible for a percentage of base pay match from Caldwell College.
Note: Employees who have satisfied the one year eligibility period at an eligible institution prior to employment at Caldwell College may immediately enroll through Caldwell College’s plan upon hire.
CAFETERIA PLAN/ FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
Employees who elect medical and/or dental insurance are eligible to elect the Cafeteria Plan (IRS Section 125) in order to take their medical/dental premium payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis for federal tax purposes.
After 30 days of service, employees are eligible to enroll in the Flexible Spending Account plan, through which allows employees to designate up to $5,200* or $5,000* on a pre-tax basis per calendar year through payroll deduction for eligible medical costs not covered by insurance or dependent care expenses, respectively.
*These amounts are pro-rated accordingly depending on hire date.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
All full-time and part-time employees and members of their households are eligible for confidential short-term counseling through the Horizon Health Services employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. This benefit provides a maximum of 10 counseling sessions per issue per year. Counseling is available via telephone or in the form of personal meetings and is completely confidential.
All employees are insured in the event of a work-related injury or illness at no cost to them through New Jersey Manufacturer’s Insurance Group. NJM has a wide network of medical providers and specialists available to employees who are injured on the job.
Employees are eligible for several tuition benefit options:
*Caldwell College Tuition Remission
- Employee: free tuition for a maximum of 9 undergraduate or 6 graduate courses per semester
- Dependent (per federal definition): free undergraduate tuition
- Part-Time Employee: ½ paid tuition for undergraduate courses for self only.
*Council of Independent Colleges and The Tuition Exchange, Inc.
- Dependents of employees may apply to two separate networks of independent schools for full tuition scholarships for one or more years;
- Tuition scholarship decisions are made by the importing institution.
PAID TIME OFF
*Vacation – Full-time, 12-month employees are eligible for the following vacation allotments, depending on job classification:
- Cabinet: 4 weeks per year;
- Executive Administration (Exempt grades F 11-12): 4 weeks per year;
- Exempt Administrators with 5+ Years of Service: 4 weeks per year;
- Exempt Administrators with fewer than 5 Years of Service: 3 weeks per year;
- Non-Exempt Administrators with15+ Years of Service: 4 weeks per year;
- Non-Exempt Administrators with 5-15 Years of Service: 3 weeks per year;
- Non-Exempt Administrators with fewer than 5 Years of Service: 2 weeks per year.