The Caldwell College Alumni Association and entire campus community look forward to welcoming you to Homecoming and Family Weekend 2013. A detailed schedule of the weekend’s events is listed below. Come join in the fun!
- Download the registration form
- Online registration and payment form
- Family Weekend online registration form
Friday, September 20th
- 6 pm – Alumni and Faculty Cocktail Reception – Cougar Den, Student Center
Kick off the weekend by catching up with fellow classmates and current Caldwell College faculty
- 7 pm - Athletics Hall of Fame Cocktail Reception (by invitation only) – Newman Center Lobby
- For further information, please contact Dean Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9 pm – Homecoming Bonfire – Faculty/Staff Parking Lot
Join the students in celebrating the beginning of the semester with a late evening snack at the bonfire.
Saturday, September 21st
- 10 am – Registration begins– Newman Center Courtyard
Pick up your events schedule and a Caldwell College goodie bag at the start of the day. Registration volunteers will be available all day to answer questions and provide directions.
- 10 am – Champagne Welcome Reception and Continental Breakfast – Alumni Theater Lobby
Meet up with classmates and friends over a light breakfast before the day’s activities get underway.
- 11 am - Welcome Address by President Nancy Blattner – Alumni Theater
President Nancy Blattner looks forward to welcoming you back to campus. Come hear about the current happenings at Caldwell and the future of your alma mater. Special recognition will be given to all reunion classes in attendance.
- Noon - Women’s Soccer vs. Philadelphia University – Soccer Field
Cheer on the women’s soccer team, as they take on Philadelphia University.
- Noon - Campus Barbecue and Carnival on the Plaza – Newman Center Courtyard
Join us for an all campus barbecue on the plaza, surrounded by a variety of family-friendly activities and performance for the young and young-at-heart. Special seating will be available for classes celebrating reunions. A beer garden and wine will be on site, for guests 21 years of age or older.
- 1 pm - Mini-University – Various Locations
Join some of your favorite faculty for 15 minute mini-lectures. Special guest lecturers include professors Bob Mann, Virginia Rich, Theodora Sirota, and Trish Verrone.
- 1:30 pm - November Noon Book Signing with Sister Vivien Jennings – Jennings Library
Join Sister Vivien Jennings for select readings from her newest book, November Noon. Copies of the book will be available on site.
- 2 pm - Men’s Soccer vs. Philadelphia University – Soccer Field
Cheer on the men’s soccer team, as they take on Philadelphia University.
- 2:30 pm - Golden Anniversary Tea (by invitation only) – The Gallery, Student Center
A special event for the Class of 1963 and those alumni already having celebrated their 50th reunion milestone.
- 3 pm - Campus tours – Newman Center Lobby
Current students will be happy to provide you and your classmates with a guided tour of the Caldwell College campus.
- 4 pm - Homecoming Mass – Student Center Gym
All are welcome and encouraged to attend the day’s liturgical celebration.
- 5 pm - Alumni Soccer Game – Soccer Field
You’ve watched two games already . . . are you ready to play? For further details and to sign up, please contact Nate Guagliardi in Athletics at 973.618.3681 or email@example.com.
- 5 pm - Reception and Art Exhibition by Pushparaj Aitwal ’11: ”Eng Rungmung: We are Rung”
An exhibition of photographs by Caldwell College alumnus Pushparaj Aitwal ’11 will be on view in Visceglia Gallery throughout the day. Join Raj for a reception to celebrate his work at 5 pm.
- 5:30 pm - Dinner in the Den – Cougar Den, Student Center
The day isn’t over yet! Join us for a specially priced $8 dinner buffet for alumni and families.
- 6 pm - Caldwell College Concert Series: Faculty Favorites – Alumni Theater
Current music department faculty will perform some of their favorite works from both classical and jazz repertoires. A post-performance reception is scheduled outside the Alumni Theater immediately following the concert. Tickets may be purchased for $10. For details or further information, please contact Professor Laura Greenwald at firstname.lastname@example.org.