This program is intended for professionals with an M.A. in Counseling or a closely related field. Students take the courses they need to meet the requirements to obtain a School Counselor Certification from the New Jersey Department of Education, including a practicum experience in a school setting. Academic programs for these students are developed based on a review of their official graduate transcript(s). The program coordinator and candidate will identify areas/courses needed to satisfy educational requirements for certification in New Jersey. For mandated areas and course distributions, see the program requirements for the M.A. in Counseling with School Counseling Specialization.
- Master’s degree
- Official graduate transcript(s)
- One letter of recommendation
- Writing sample: In lieu of the statement of objectives on the application, submit a research-based paper of at least 5-10 pages that was previously submitted in a graduate course. APA style preferred. Other subject matter and/or formatting may be considered if the candidate has limited counseling-related coursework.
- Personal Interview
Post-Master applicants who completed an M.A. in Counseling at Caldwell College
- Request of the registrar that their graduate transcript be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies
- Participate in an interview with the Program Coordinator in order to plan future coursework
These applicants may omit:
- Letter of recommendation
- Writing sample