- Explore and choose academic majors and career options
- Obtain career-related experience such as internships and shadowing opportunities
- Pursue post graduation career plans including employment and graduate school.
To achieve these goals, the following services and resources are offered:
- Assessment of skills and interests to support the selection of major (s) and careers using FOCUS-2
- Resume & cover letter writing workshops/critiques
- Online job listings (part-time and full-time) and job search resources
- Oversight of academic internship program
- Mock interviews/interview preparation
- Career panels, workshops and Annual Career/Internship Fair
- Online and print resources, including books and handouts on resume writing, interviewing, exploring majors and careers, and researching graduate schools
WRITING A RESUME OR COVER LETTER?
- Meet with us for help drafting your resume, or for review and critiques
- Use our new online career resource to help you with resumes, cover letters and interviews: Optimal Resume for Students!
- Stop by Career Planning and Development in the Center for Student Success, 2nd Floor Alumni Theatre to review our sample resume binders and related resources.
- Visit C-JOBS to see the latest internship postings!
- Review policies and guidelines for the academic internship program
- Meet with a career counselor to discuss your interests and goals. We can help you find related internship opportunities!
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS MAJOR?
If you’ve ever wondered how to translate your college major into a viable career, you’re not alone. The information in this link contains career options associated with the majors offered at Caldwell University, as well as valuable links to professional associations, occupational outlooks and job resources.
Join us at the
Part-Time Job and Internship Fair!
When: Wednesday, September 3rd
Where: Student Center Gym
Employers as of 8/26/14:
Aide for Autistic Adult – Private Home
ARC of Essex County
Atlantic Imaging Group
Bright Horizons Family Solutions
Caldwell University Athletics Department
Caldwell University Center for Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis
Caldwell University-Financial Aid Office
Century 21 Department Stores
College Nannies + Tutors, Livingston Placement Center
Development and Alumni Affairs- Caldwell University
Garden State Community Bank, a division of New York Community Bancorp
Parents Anonymous of New Jeresy, Inc.
Premium Processing Inc
Q Research Solutions
Rainbow Child Care Center
West Essex YMCA
YMCA of Montclair
Questions? Contact Career Planning and Development at 973-618-3290,
firstname.lastname@example.org, Alumni Theatre, 2nd Floor
Click here for additional details and position descriptions
Sign into C-JOBS
Sign up, see our Calendar of Events and search for jobs and internships.
Post your jobs and internships for Caldwell University students here:
FOLLOW US ON
For all the latest jobs, internships, career advice, and more!