August – October 2014
JOIN US FOR AN ADULT UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE INFORMATION SESSION!
Adult Undergraduates – Bring your transcripts for immediate consideration and admissions. There will be an informal presentation followed by individual meetings with advisors.
Since 1969, Caldwell University has successfully served the Adult Undergraduate community. Our Adult Undergraduate programs offer flexible schedules, personalized advising, financial aid and distance learning options – all to meet your lifestyle!
Graduate Students – Join us at an Information Session! Learn more about Caldwell University Graduate Admission and Program Requirements. Meet and discuss your program of choice with a Program Coordinator in an informal atmosphere. Application Fee waived for attendees.
The 2014 junior student orientation is scheduled on August 20 & 21, 9 am to 1 pm, in the Nursing Lecture Hall, RAY 103. The orientation is mandatory for junior level students to enhance readiness for the overall nursing curriculum and clinical course work in particular.
The graduate orientation is designed to provide new students with important information about graduate student policies, procedures, career planning services, and a graduate-specific orientation to our library resources. Students will also have time to meet with fellow graduate students and their Program Coordinator. Click here to view the full schedule of activities.
President Blattner is Guest on One-on-One With Steve Abubato
Caldwell University President Nancy Blattner, Ph.D. is a guest on One-on-One with Steve Adubato. She talks about important issues affecting higher education including her reaction to President Obama’s proposed college rating system, Caldwell’s transition from a college to a university, and the upcoming celebrations for the institution’s 75th anniversary.
Wednesday, August 27th, 7 p.m. on NJTV
Wednesday August 28, 12:30 a.m. on WNET
Friday, September 19
7 p.m. : Family-Oriented Activity (TBD)
10 p.m. : Homecoming Bonfire (Parking Lot)
Saturday, September 20
10 a.m. : Registration Open (Outside Student Center)
11 a.m. : President’s State of the University Address (Alumni Theatre)
- Join President Nancy Blattner for the Homecoming and Family Day Kickoff event. This celebratory address will also include a special presentation by the Mayor of Caldwell, Alumni Association Awards, and Class Gift Presentations.
All Day: Alumni Art Exhibition (Visceglia Gallery)
All Day: 75th Anniversary Memorabilia and Archival Prints Display (Jennings Library)
12 p.m. – 4 p.m. : Homecoming Carnival and BBQ
- Festivities include performances by student bands and organizations, drum circle, game booths, face painting, pumpkin painting, teddy bear clinic, food trucks, street performers and more! Reunion classes will have special seating under the Alumni Tent.
12 p.m – 1:30 p.m. : Mini University – Faculty Lectures
- Go to the head of the class with 30 minute lectures by your favorite faculty members:
- 12 p.m. :
- Professor Robert Mann – “The New Golden Age of Television”
- Professor James Flynn – “The Morality Behind Whistle-Blowing on Your Work Organization”
- 12:30 p.m. :
- Professor Thomson Ling – “Falling or Failing in Love? The Psychology Behind Making Your Relationship Last”
- Professor Marie Mullaney – “New Jersey’s Lost Stories: When Paterson Was Red”
- 1:00 p.m. :
- Professor Marnie Sperling – “The Use of Simulation in Nursing and Healthcare Education” (Tour of Nursing Facility to follow)
- Sister Barbara Moore – “The Bible As Story”
- Professor Rosann Bar – “Understanding the Punch Line: Some Insights on the Sociology of Humor”
12 p.m. : Women’s Soccer v. Dominican College
1:30 p.m. : Veritas Lecture Series Presents (more information coming soon!)
2 p.m. : Men’s Soccer v. Dominican College
2:30 p.m. : Golden Anniversary Tea (invitation only) (Gallery)
- The Class of 1964 will be welcomed by the past 50th Anniversary alumnae.
4 p.m. : Mass celebrated by Archbishop Myers and Father Bob Stagg (Newman Center Gym)
5 p.m. : Alumni Art Reception (Visceglia Gallery)5 p.m. : Alumni Soccer Game
- Breakaway to the soccer field with fellow soccer alumni for the annual alumni soccer match.
5 p.m. : Dinner in the Den (Cougar Den)
- Enjoy our award-winning dining experience with fellow alumni in the Cougar Den.
5 p.m. : Music Reception (Alumni Theatre Lobby)
6 p.m. : Music Series Concert: Faculty Favorites (Alumni Theatre)
- Faculty Favorites returns to Homecoming, featuring performances by our Faculty and recent alumni. Performers include: Rebecca Vega and the alumni flute ensemble; Nan Childress and Conner Brown Romanowski ’09 with piano duets; Hae Sook Yook ’96 will sing with Laura Greenwald; Dan Yates and Betsy Mackenzie Stubbs will perform “You’re just in love”; composer/pianist Jeremy Rafal and composer/jazz saxophonist Rob Middleton. General admission $20; Seniors and students $15; Alumni and friends $10! (Caldwell students are always free.)
9 p.m. : Student Activity (TBD)
- 12 p.m. :
SANDRA DUGUID (former assistant director of academic support at Caldwell)
SUSAN L. MILLER (Rutgers, New Brunswick)
ANGELA ALAIMO O’DONNELL (associate director, Curran Ctr for American Catholic Studies, Fordham)
SUSANNA RICH (Emmy nominee; distinguished professor, Kean Univ)
Co-sponsored by the Caldwell University 75th Anniversary Celebration and the Tower Poets.
To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-618-3371.
JUDITH VALENTE, one of the select poets and correspondent for PBS-TV’s Religion and Ethics Newsweekly will be speaking that evening on “Contemplation in the Age of Twitter”.
See what a typical Caldwell University day is like as you will sit in on a class, meet current students, faculty, and staff, and get the true Caldwell Experience. Also if you wish, you can also bring in your transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, essay, and letters of recommendation and receive an admissions and scholarship decision before you leave. This event begins at 10:00am.