June 2014 – May 2015
Terry W. Hyland ‘53
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Mary’s Woods at Marylhurst
17400 Holy Names Dr, (off Rt 43)
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Please RSVP by June 6th to
Terry Hyland: 503-635-1222, email@example.com
Music Department Professor Rob Middleton is a guest on One-on-One with Steve Adubato . Middleton, a composer and conductor, shares how he first became interested in jazz as a child after hearing Charlie Parker play. He describes jazz as a crown jewel of African American culture, a profound expression of the American experience and talks about how all Americans should be familiar with this great cultural heritage. He describes how he went from performing to teaching and how teaching helps one understand music on a deeper level. Middleton explains how a university learning environment can be a very good place to open up the world of music to students who have not had much exposure to the study of music, and jazz in particular.
Wednesday, August 6, 7 p.m., NJTV
Wednesday, August 7, 12:30 a.m., WNET
The 2014 junior student orientation is scheduled on August 20 & 21, 9 am to 1 pm, in the Nursing Lecture Hall, RAY 103. The orientation is mandatory for junior level students to enhance readiness for the overall nursing curriculum and clinical course work in particular.
Friday, September 19
7 p.m. : Family-Oriented Activity (TBD)
10 p.m. : Homecoming Bonfire (Parking Lot)
Saturday, September 20
10 a.m. : Registration Open (Outside Student Center)
11 a.m. : President’s State of the University Address (Alumni Theatre)
- Join President Nancy Blattner for the Homecoming and Family Day Kickoff event. This celebratory address will also include a special presentation by the Mayor of Caldwell, Alumni Association Awards, and Class Gift Presentations.
All Day: Alumni Art Exhibition (Visceglia Gallery)
All Day: 75th Anniversary Memorabilia and Archival Prints Display (Jennings Library)
12 p.m. – 4 p.m. : Homecoming Carnival and BBQ
- Festivities include performances by student bands and organizations, drum circle, game booths, face painting, pumpkin painting, teddy bear clinic, food trucks, street performers and more! Reunion classes will have special seating under the Alumni Tent.
12 p.m – 1:30 p.m. : Mini University – Faculty Lectures
- Go to the head of the class with 30 minute lectures by your favorite faculty members:
- 12 p.m. :
- Professor Robert Mann – “The New Golden Age of Television”
- Professor James Flynn – “The Morality Behind Whistle-Blowing on Your Work Organization”
- 12:30 p.m. :
- Professor Thomson Ling – “Falling or Failing in Love? The Psychology Behind Making Your Relationship Last”
- Professor Marie Mullaney – “New Jersey’s Lost Stories: When Paterson Was Red”
- 1:00 p.m. :
- Professor Marnie Sperling – “The Use of Simulation in Nursing and Healthcare Education” (Tour of Nursing Facility to follow)
- Sister Barbara Moore – “The Bible As Story”
- Professor Rosann Bar – “Understanding the Punch Line: Some Insights on the Sociology of Humor”
12 p.m. : Women’s Soccer v. Dominican College
1:30 p.m. : Veritas Lecture Series Presents (more information coming soon!)
2 p.m. : Men’s Soccer v. Dominican College
2:30 p.m. : Golden Anniversary Tea (invitation only) (Gallery)
- The Class of 1964 will be welcomed by the past 50th Anniversary alumnae.
4 p.m. : Mass celebrated by Archbishop Myers and Father Bob Stagg (Newman Center Gym)
5 p.m. : Alumni Art Reception (Visceglia Gallery)5 p.m. : Alumni Soccer Game
- Breakaway to the soccer field with fellow soccer alumni for the annual alumni soccer match.
5 p.m. : Dinner in the Den (Cougar Den)
- Enjoy our award-winning dining experience with fellow alumni in the Cougar Den.
5 p.m. : Music Reception (Alumni Theatre Lobby)
6 p.m. : Music Series Concert: Faculty Favorites (Alumni Theatre)
- Faculty Favorites returns to Homecoming, featuring performances by our Faculty and recent alumni. Performers include: Rebecca Vega and the alumni flute ensemble; Nan Childress and Conner Brown Romanowski ’09 with piano duets; Hae Sook Yook ’96 will sing with Laura Greenwald; Dan Yates and Betsy Mackenzie Stubbs will perform “You’re just in love”; composer/pianist Jeremy Rafal and composer/jazz saxophonist Rob Middleton. General admission $20; Seniors and students $15; Alumni and friends $10! (Caldwell students are always free.)
9 p.m. : Student Activity (TBD)
- 12 p.m. :
Click here to download Golf Brochure 2014
More information to be decided.
More information coming soon!!