Application should be made early in the senior year of high school. We recommend applying by December 1st. Caldwell College’s rolling admissions policy, however, allows the candidate to apply throughout the year. Initial steps in the admissions process are as follows:
- Complete and submit the Caldwell College application for admission or The Common Application along with a non-refundable $40 application fee to the Office of Admissions. To have an application and other admissions materials mailed to you, please fill out the Admissions Information Request Form.
- Take the SAT with essay or ACT with essay and have scores reported to Caldwell College. (College code: 2072)
- Have an official high school transcript sent to Caldwell College.
- Arrange to have two letters of recommendation sent from a high school guidance counselor, teacher, or other reputable source. You may also have them fill out this form.
- Submit a graded essay/term paper written in the last year or an essay on one of the topics on the application.
You will be notified by mail of the action taken on your application within three weeks after the transcripts, test scores, and recommendations have been received and evaluated by the Office of Admissions.
If you are accepted to Caldwell College and decide to attend, an initial non-refundable deposit of $250 if you will commute or $450 if you will reside at Caldwell College must be sent to the Office of Admissions. The health certificate and a physical examination form, including immunization records, must be completed by a licensed physician prior to a student beginning classes or living in the residence hall.
There is no portfolio review required for students applying for admission into the Art Department. However, students wishing to qualify for scholarship must arrange to submit a portfolio to the Art Department.
Students applying for admission into the Department of Music must make arrangements for an interview and/or audition with the Music Department before a decision on admission into the music program can be made. Audition guidelines are available from the Music Department.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DATES
Applicants for financial aid and academic scholarship consideration are advised to submit completed applications as early as possible to ensure priority review.
<tdstyle=”padding: 0px; margin: 0px; background-color: #c30a2b; color: #ffffff; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; text-align: center;”> RECOMMENDED DEPOSIT DATE
| Type of
|Freshman Student Early Action||December 1||Before December 31||May 1|
|Freshman Student Regular Decision||April 1||Before April 15||May 1|
|Transfer Student September Term||July 15||Rolling||Two Weeks|
|Transfer Student January Term||December 1||Before January 8||One Week|
|Rolling Admissions (Based on available openings)||June 1||Notification within 2 weeks of completed application||Reply within one week|