THE FOUNDATIONAL CORE:
The Caldwell College Foundational Core curriculum was developed to introduce students to the breadth of disciplines in the Liberal Arts tradition while developing the fundamental skills of writing, critical thinking, and information literacy.Foundational Core consists of 36-40 credits.
THE ENRICHED CORE:
The Caldwell College Enriched Core reinforces the central elements of the Catholic and Dominican identity of the college while providing students the flexibility to pursue topics of interest. As a student you will complete one course in each of the three clusters listed below.
- Catholic and Dominican Tradition
- Global Awareness and Cultural Understanding
- Ethical Inquiry and Applications
- Caldwell College’s Liberal Arts core provides exactly what employers want in their new employees. A recent survey of employers by the Association of American Colleges and Universities indicated that employers surveyed wanted the following:
- 81% want new employees with better critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills
- 89% want more emphasis on the ability to effectively communicate